vj16 Power Tool

Way 1 19:21 21 Jan 03
  Way 1 19:21 21 Jan 03

I am a complete novice to computers, so could someone please explain the following:
I have downloaded the above Tool and it appears to be working as it should, but my query relates to the FILE TOOL.
There is a search word box and the word Source.
When I click on that particular box I get ALL hard disks, then below this, System temp dir, then below this I get, System dir. Could someone tell me what these three things mean and when should they be used?

Thanks, WAY1

VoG™ 19:27 21 Jan 03

May I respectfully suggest that JV16PowerTools is not something that a "a complete novice to computers" should be using, unless there is something wrong with your machine.

JV16PowerTools is very powerful = potential for wrecking your 'puter so that it won't boot up.

VoG™ 19:31 21 Jan 03

Having said that, the File Tool looks relatively innocuous.

If you select All Hard disks it will scan what is usually drive C: (assuming you only have one hard disk(.

If you click on the little "..." button just to the left of the drop-down arrow it will list all your drives- floppy, DVD, zip and whatever.

Way 1 22:46 21 Jan 03

Thanks for your response VoG. I won't be touching anything unless I am absolutely sure I know what I am doing, but could someone tell me if when doing the scan, are all the files listed under this procedure, Temporary Files or otherwise?

VoG™ 22:54 21 Jan 03

The Files Tool looks at ALL files (depending on what you specify in the search box) - care!

The TEMP File Tool is designed to look only for temporary files (or at least those in Temp folders) and is potentially safer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…