Visual tracking - Norton Firewall

lucky1 19:17 12 Jan 04

Anybody else having problems with the above ?

Since installing Norton's last update, which included something called LiveReg, I have been subjected to a larger number of 'attacks' than normal. On top of this Visual Tracking does not work anymore.

Anybody any ideas ?

Regards

lucky1 19:24 13 Jan 04

I'll leave this for another few hours just in case anybody has been having probs.

R4 20:16 13 Jan 04

What version 2003/2004 ?

Live update is Nortons 'Online update' Facility:

By Visual tracking do you mean the Detailed Statistics in tracking ?.

Sounds last update might have gone wrong:

levyo1 20:22 13 Jan 04

DO YOU MEAN WHEN YOU GO ONTO THE TRACKING WINDOW IT COMES UP WITH YOUR COMPUTER HAS JUST BEEN HIT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT? IF IT IS I HAD THE SAME,AND THOUGHT I WAS BEEN HACKED BUT I ALSO LOST THE TRACKING AS WELL BUT AS LONG AS IT KEEPS THEM OUT!!!!!

Jarvo 21:09 13 Jan 04

lev1 NO NEED TO SHOUT

Ive just upgraded to NIS2004 from NIS2003 and visual tracking has not worked well on ether for a number of months. most cases will be network trafic (your isp seeing if you are still their I belive) the message you will get is error contacting host I am assuming? After having tracking for a number of years I dont bother looking now unless I have the same IP address repeating (even then I dont know why I never do anything about it) Iam on NTL cable and having reduced hacks at moment. it could just be your network try typing ip address into google. If you want to test your firewall click here

Jarvo

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:12 13 Jan 04

You have no chance of being hacked on a home system. Alll firewall allerts will be normal net traffic. Turn off the alerts and the ridiculous 'visual tracking' and you will be OK.

G

wx622 21:18 13 Jan 04

To use Visual Tracking, you need a JVM (Java virtual machine). Because of Microsoft's legal battle with Sun Microsystems, you can only get it from a few sites. Try click here Install the JVM, and when you get an attempted hack, Visual Tracking should work. (PS: I own Norton Internet Security 2003, and have installed this latest LiveReg patch, and my firewall works fine)

lucky1 21:57 14 Jan 04

Thanks everyone for their replies. The XP Forum site has several threads on this subject and it would appear to be a fault with NAV. I have Java Virtual Machine by the way. Visual Tracking was working fine until the download which included LiveReg came along. I assumed, obviously wrongly, that the two were connected.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…