visual settings-Start Button & minimise/close

driving man 22:50 09 Nov 05

Since having to rebuild my laptop The Start button has shrunk and is no longer the original green. Also The minimise / Close buttons on the top right of a page are now just grey with a black - a black maximise and black X. Have compared settings with my desktop and can se no real difference. Yes I know I'm being thick and it isnt the end of the world but can anyone put me right. Am on xp home classic look. PS wife has tied putting me right for 18 years and shes failed.

wee eddie 00:16 10 Nov 05

Control Panel > Display > Appearance.

driving man 10:06 10 Nov 05

Eddie, yes as I said have even checked settings against those on my desktop

driving man 14:34 10 Nov 05

No CRX have checked that. I also have oher problems such as calculator appearing for no reason and outlook express doing same. This on A laptop which has "restore partition" but no discs so cannot do a totally clean restore. Have deleted all virus protection and installed Avast with spybot, adaware and a2.just to make sure of no conflicts. So basiclally PC is now clean. I must admit I am totally lost for an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…