visual e-mail alerts

hansa 21:21 14 Sep 04

Is it all Hollywood hype and/or sci-fi or are there really programs that will give you a visiual alert when you receive an e-mail?

I'm thinking of the films you've got mail and mission impossible.

tks all ;-)

Diodorus Siculus 21:49 14 Sep 04

My mailer, Becky, has an extension that pops up when new mail arrives; has to be set for automatic collection (obviously enough!).

Mailwasher will display a little icon and play a sound file ("you've got mail" if you want, or any wav file) when it checks mail also.

Probably others out there that do the same thing too.

Rebecca* 22:01 14 Sep 04

I have incredimail installed and it has loads of different notifiers that come on the screen when you recieve email. You can also subscribe to the premium version and get even more.

hansa 07:20 15 Sep 04

Tks for the info. I will check out mailwasher and incredimail

rawprawn 08:08 15 Sep 04

Also check out Mozilla Thunderbird, I find it excellent and it pos up a little message telling you new mail has arrived, and which account it is. If you are away when this happens, and don't see it it leaves an unopened envelope in the system tray.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…