Visual Basic Scripting Support

paranomia 09:47 28 Mar 03

Hi all - just yesterday I began receiving an error message almost every time I try to access a web page (including this one and the MS Windows Update page. It stated that I must download Visual Basic Scripting Support to view the page properly. This I did whilst on the MS windows update page, then down loaded the security update.

Today I received the same message, and a warning that the same security update was required although it had been downloaded the day before. I also notice that my system setting were being updated when I switched on this morning... Is there some dark force at work here?! :)

Any ideas?

Dr Lecter 20:38 29 Mar 03

I have got O/S WIN98SE. It is driving me bonkers. I went to M/Soft website. My Comp is trying to download from a non existent webpage at M/Soft in USA. It appears to be a catch22 problem here. I will let you know what happens in the nr future.

Qmar 21:42 29 Mar 03

..scripting support is an option you can choose from 'Add-Remove' in control panel.. have your Windows CD ready...[HTH].

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…