Visual Basic Scripting Support

Andrew1402 12:22 10 Jan 03
  Andrew1402 12:22 10 Jan 03

Help
I have a Dell Dimension xps T450 running Windows 98. I recently moved to BT Broadband and downloaded the recommended "ltaest browser" - Internet Explorer 6. Now I quite often get a box saying: "To display this page correctly you need to download and install ... Visual Basic Scripting Support.
When I click install I get: "setup has checked the CD-ROM specified and cannot find the component you are trying to install. Please insert 'Windows Update' CD-ROM into the drive selected below and click OK."
I don't have a CD-ROM!
This is stopping me opening certain Web pages and downloading stuff.

Any ideas?

VoG™ 12:56 10 Jan 03

Try the method given click here of this is not what you have already done.

Andrew1402 23:38 10 Jan 03

Tried the suggestion from support.microsoft.com but when I try to download I get an icon that says I need to download Visual Basic Scripting Support to open the icon!!! Round in circles ...

When I look in "add a component" in Add/Remove Programs there is no such line as Web Authoring Components in Component Options

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…