Visual Basic Express 2005 Beta

118-118 Got Your Number 09:50 03 Feb 05

Has anyone downloaded and used VBE 2005 Beta. I use VBScript a lot and was wondering whether this VB programming language was any good.

Cheers

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 16:37 15 Mar 05

Hi,

I am currently learning visual basic in the old classic 6.0 version.

I have downloaded and installed VBE2005,and i don't like it.

So ill stick to learning in VB6,if you are thinking of learning Visual Basic,then go for it,i have been learning for about 3 weeks it is very easy to learn if you are interested in a ebook that teaches you visual basic in 23 days,send me a email,this applies to anyone.

Cheers!

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 19:33 16 Mar 05

Is this VBE 2005 Free?

I have downloaded and installed but is it a trial? or is it free?

for anyone that would like the ebook to learn visual Basic in visual basic6 then go on my site and download.

click here

Cheers

Ben

118-118 Got Your Number 23:26 16 Mar 05

Trial only release date not known.

I can guess this will eventually be the next replacement for VB.net Standard Edition.

Or may be this is an even further cutdown version of VB. So we could have VBScript VBA (although VBA is a cutdown of VB6 for MSOffice not VB.net) VB Express VB Standard VB Enterprise.

The number of iterations that MS can make up is giving me headache.

Funny I find .net easier VB6

Yoda Knight 09:18 17 Mar 05

whats the link to down load it ?

Yoda Knight 11:35 17 Mar 05

^^^

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:25 18 Mar 05

6 people have downloaded the ebook.

Apparently the .zip file isn't working.

So heres the new link.this does work (i think)

PLease save the file to your computer.thanks

click here

Yoda Knight - i still can't find it,ill have a better look sometime,hope you find it.

Ben

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:39 18 Mar 05

visual basic, C#, C++, etc etc beta versions click here

HTH

Tas

VoG II 22:53 18 Mar 05

Hmm

I wonder whether getting tied-in to a particular programming language is a good idea.

I like to think of Fortran as the Model T and compilers are still available click here

In fact, why not write a Fortran Compiler in C++, or even VBA for Office (off my rocker - no, it should be possible).

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 08:09 19 Mar 05

"I wonder whether getting tied-in to a particular programming language is a good idea"

What else do you suggest?

I was told i should learn visual basic (because it was the easiest) and i can start here,and go onto something like C++.

Remember that VBA is only a cut down version of VB and there is very little you can do.

118-118 Got Your Number - if you are thinking of learning a programming language,go for it!

118-118 Got Your Number 11:48 20 Mar 05

I am tempted to do C++ or C# but they look so cryptic to me. I only really use VBA out of necessity for work, and VB is so much easier to read.

Especially if someone else has written it and hasn't bothered to comment their code (slap wrists/bad programming form).

Thanks for all your comments guys/gals

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…