Vista64FirewallControl 2

Liverbird 20:11 02 Oct 08

Has anybody got experience of this free programme. If so, how do you rate it. I tried to download Zone Alarm just now as I've had it before and trust it, but it didn't support 64bit Vista, so I did a search on cNet for firewalls that do. There were two free ones, of which this is one, but I cannot remember what the other was. My partner told me that I don't need a firewall with our Netgear Wireless Router, and that Vista doesn't need one either. I tend to disagree on both counts. Am I right? and would you recommend that I install the programme listed in the title. I couldn't consider myself an absolute beginner any longer, but I'm still learning. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks

MAT ALAN 20:28 02 Oct 08

click here

good info here...

jimv7 10:07 03 Oct 08

Vista firewall is perfectly adequate when used in conjunction with your router's nat firewall.

Liverbird 22:39 03 Oct 08

Thanks for the link Mat. I read with interest, and Jim's comments seem to back up what the article was saying. I believe now that I'm fairly well protected between Vista and our network router, but for (as close as I could get to) absolute protection I could download another firewall, that's if I wa be willling to accept some drag on the speed of my PC. This is something that I'm not keen to do unless it was absolutely necessary. It's my own PC and I don't go on dodgy sites (knowingly) and I'm carful about opening emails and attachments. I guess the best thing that I could do is to keep back ups. Thanks again. Lynne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…