Vista won't connect to my Wireless network

LFCcartesian 15:36 12 Jan 10

I'm pretty certain this is a Vista issue rather than a network issue.

I moved house recently and until my broadband was connected at the new house my wireless router was switched off.

When my broadband became active I switched the router on and immediately my Linux netbook could connect and my iphone could connect without any problems or further configuration, but my Vista laptop will not connect.

It seems to connect to an 'unidentified network' with 'limited connectivity'. If I try and create a new connection it says the one I'm trying to create already exists (which it does).

If I connect a network cable between the laptop and the router it connects no problem and continues to connect after the cable is unplugged until the laptop is rebooted and the connection goes back to the unidentified one.

It doesn't even come up as a choice to connect to in vista when you scan for networks.

If anyone can offer any help it would be much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…