Vista validation

bukkaz 16:55 19 Mar 09

My son purchased a laptop 3 months ago. He started getting blue screens and then a message came up saying he wasn't running a genuine version of Vista. (It is a Philips OEM, with the sticker on the laptop). Then it asked for validation. however when he starts the laptop he can go on the internet byt can't access the start button to go thorugh the procedure to Validate his copy (I believe this has started because he didn't validate within 30 days originally).
It is a bit difficult as we are talking over the phone about it but has anyone any ideas how to get around this?

Graham. 17:01 19 Mar 09

Press the Windows key to get to the Start menu.

Graham. 17:09 19 Mar 09

Have a read click here, it may be a game or download that has triggered the Vista anti-tampering system.

gazzaho 17:12 19 Mar 09

If your son's computer can't access the start button then it may not be because of activation issues, as far as I've read from this page click here non activation only reduces the functionality of Vista not disable it altogether. It would appear that he has hardware issues which has perhaps corrupted Windows and perhaps that's the reason for the activation message. As it's only 3 months old taking it back to the retailer might be his best option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…