Vista upgrade from Xp

jtw 10:14 20 Jun 07

I have bought an OEM Vista upgrade DVD (from ebuyer so should be valid).
When and if I dare use it is the process simple and will all my docs, settings, programs etc be available or will I have to go about reinstalling them?

tobyb121 11:26 20 Jun 07

If it is an upgrade, your documents and settings should get saved, but you may find some programs will not work, probably because they are incompatible with vista, but most should work.

Kate B 11:35 20 Jun 07

Do a clean install. And first run the upgrade advisor to see what might cause you problems.

bezzer20 11:49 20 Jun 07

yep run a clean install, back all ya data up etc! iv tried both clean and upgrade, clean is much easier and workd far better!

anskyber 11:52 20 Jun 07

Just to be different I did an upgrade having first dealt with any issues arising from the Upgrade Advisor.

I upgraded and came out the other end with all my documents and settings there ready for me to use.

anskyber 12:02 20 Jun 07

We should all add by the way, it all depends on which XP you have now and which Vista you are going to, the options vary. see the grid of options. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…