Vista Upgrade Query

Stonks 15:05 16 Aug 07

My laptop came with Windows Vista, and therefore came with a recovery boot disc for vista. I would like to install vista on my desktop computer using this DVD, however the easy upgrade option is not highlighted, and I am unable to click it, leaving me with only the option of clean install. Is there a way of getting round this?

If not, I have two hard drives on this computer, one with personal files and the operating system on, and one with programs, music and photos on. If I had to wipe hard drive #1 for a clean install, would all the programs on hard drive #2 be properly installed after installing vista? (ie, appear in the start menu and be in the registry etc?)

James1947 15:10 16 Aug 07

I believe that what you propose is illegal. One OS one machine, check the terms of the EULA.

PaulB2005 15:16 16 Aug 07

It is illegal and wouldn't work for very long as you only have a license key for the laptop. The PC won't copy can't be activated so after 2 weeks or so you'll be locked out of your PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…