Vista Upgrade - How?

PO79 12:45 26 May 09

I have a Laptop, with Vista Home Premium pre- installed, updated to SP2. I have my own retail version of Vista Ultimate (not installed or activated), but I cannot do an in place upgrade as Premium SP2 is deemed to be a later version. I was wondering if I use the change serial number, and insert my Ultimate serial number, if it will then be Ultimate, as I believe all versions are contained in the DVD and the serial number determines which version is activated.

Will the fact that it is a pre-installed (I presume from and OEM image make a difference or is the only alternative a fresh re-install?

PO79 20:35 26 May 09

^^

phono 20:43 26 May 09

"I was wondering if I use the change serial number, and insert my Ultimate serial number, if it will then be Ultimate,"

No it wouldn't, if you cannot do an in place upgrade as you stated then I would say your only option is a fresh install.

PO79 20:44 26 May 09

Thank you for confirming what I thought. Will leave well enough alone until the time comes for a reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…