Vista Upgrade Advisor wont go away

Krisps 22:46 26 Jul 06

I downloaded Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, it liked my machine but I did not like the idea of trying it yet. However I am getting a window for the downloaded files opening every time I start and cannot find the program anywhere on my machine to do an uninstall. Anyone had the same problem and more importantly found the answer?

futurekid 23:05 26 Jul 06

I have the same problem.
Can anyone help us!!!!!!!!

alan227 23:30 26 Jul 06

The only way I could find to remove it was to click start/click search/then under advanced options tick (search system folders/search hidden files & folders/search subfolders)
I entyered in the search box---vista upgrade advisor--
then hit the search button, it showed up four files so I hit Ctrl/A to select them all then hit the delete button and emptied the recycle bin, and that did the trick.

johnnyrocker 23:43 26 Jul 06

the price of meddling;)

johnny.

Krisps 09:46 27 Jul 06

Why is it that the simple solution is often the easiest but the last you think of? Thanks Alan, I actually got a lot more than 4 results to my search not all of which would delete easily, but eventually they were all moved to the Recycle Bin and once that was emptied I thought I had won. However, one last surprise, when I restarted the Window stil opened although now it was showing a completely empty folder! Once I had deleted that folder the whole issue was resolved.

Moral - if it works don't try to fix it, and if its Vista wait until everyone else has sorted out the bugs before you go near it.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…