Vista Upgrade

KAI 13:50 04 Mar 07

Hi to all,
I have just bought a new Hewlett Packard PC with XP Media edition installed, I have qualified for an upgrade to Vista Premium edition.
I received word today that it will be shipped soon, I went to the HP web site and it explains in great detail how to Dual Boot my system when I load Vista, I've chosen this option to get used to Vista First before removing XP all together.
So far down the detailed instructions it goes into partitioning the hard drive during installation of Vista, I already have my hard drive partitioned, it does not mention this scenario, C is XP Op, D is the Small recovery partition, E is the Partition intended for Vista and F is for MY Documents instead of having My Docs on the operating system Partition.

Has anybody loaded Vista with this situation and could they tell me if when I run the Vista set up could I not just install to the E partition, I did it last year when I ran the Vista Beta trial and it duel booted OK when I installed I just selected the partition I had previosly made when it asked where I wanted to install to.
I'm not quite sure with this being final release of operating system if it will allow me to do so.

any advice would be appreciated

Kai

Fingees 17:08 04 Mar 07

I loaded and used Vista when it was first released.

I would not want to go back to XP now.

It's easier to use anyway, so take the plunge and go it alone with vista.

all the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple