vista upgrade

berty1960 22:43 25 Feb 07

being trying for 3 weeks now to get my free,upgrade to vista premium off microsofts website to no joy,all details asked for are correct ,new computer off pc world offering uprade
when bought in jan 07,any ideas,when logging in to website,the coa numbers keeps getting rejected.

Jimmy14 22:55 25 Feb 07

It sound quite stupid but did you put your product key in upper case? What is the computers manufacturer?

berty1960 23:02 25 Feb 07

packard bell i media 2770,ive tried upper and lower case,

Jimmy14 23:13 25 Feb 07

Would it be more convenient for you to order your vista upgrade kit by phone to Packard Bell? They support this option and the telephone number to order it is below,

Toll free UK +800 666 44 666

All details and phone numbers I have gave you are on the packard bell webpage below,

click here

brambles 11:17 26 Feb 07

berty1960 The Vista upgrade procedure for PC World is being handled by The Tech Guys.

Go to click here

Follow the Express Upgrade option and you can order your upgrade very quickly.

Before you start have all the following details
Date of purchase
Manufacturer Packard Bell in your case
Serial Number
Existing Windows Software - you will need to stipulate whether XP Home or Windows Media Version

You will also need the reference number for your Windows COA 'Certificate of Authenticity' This poves your existing Windows version is an authentic one - there should be a label on your computer with COA followed by 14 figures.

You will be directed eventually - after you have answered all the questions properly to a Dutch firm Modus Link on a secure site. This is the information PC World gave me and I have just followed the procedure through to order my daughter's upgrade. Brambles

berty1960 17:31 26 Feb 07

thanks for your replys,i think i will phone direct
and see if i can get any joy,i did try brambles
route numerous times ,but the coa number kept getting rejected,maybes if you make a mistake it
wont let you try again,

thanks ill let you know of any success

brambles 21:36 26 Feb 07

The COA number was the most difficult part because the computer was in Spain but we located the number on it and ours was

COA NUMBER: 00045-835-300-814 - persevere because as you will see from the application all the PC WORLD computer manufacturers appeat to have adopted this method. Its on a bright yellow sticker/label and the COA is printed down the left hand side

I can also say you won't get any upgrade discs in PC World - I tried the first day of Vista release but they said everything was being handled by The Tech Guys.

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…