vista update error 80070005

dvdcllns 15:00 PM 29 Dec 11

This may be old hat but is there a simple solution to the above error message? The OS is Vista HP. The user has admin rights. Tried activating the hidden adminstrator through the CMD prompt (net user admini* /active:yes etc) Tried renaming the software distribution folder. Machine is a Dell laptop so the OS is preinstalled. Reluctant to reinstall OS and then reinstall programs/setting etc if the error is within the OS itself and would be replicated from the recovery partition. The machine works fine so if it ain't that broke...... Any ideas would be welcome.

northumbria61 15:13 PM 29 Dec 11

Take a look here enter link description here

birdface 15:37 PM 29 Dec 11

Have you tried services and made sure windows update is set to automatic and it is running.

Or the microsoft fix it for downloading updates.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

dvdcllns 17:23 PM 29 Dec 11

Hi Northumbria 61 I had seen this thread before but was a touch wary at the first response below the opening page. However, I've seen your good avice before so decided to give it a go. Took a while but now have all the updates installed. Thanks a lot for that. Buteman, your response came in whilst all this was going on but thanks anyway, if the above hadn't worked yours would have been next to try. I hope this may help someone else out there. cheers for the help.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay