Vista SP2 Installation

Burana 11:58 28 Jun 09

I cannot install the Vista Sp2.I have downloaded the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista but the SP still doesnot install

Taff™ 13:17 28 Jun 09

Did the readiness tool come via auto updates or have you downloaded it manually? I would suggest you turn of your anti-virus software and firewall then install it. (Turning them back on afterwards of course!)

Does the installation stall or just come up with an error message?

gengiscant 13:40 28 Jun 09

I personally wouldn't be too worried about installing SP2 for Vista,if you have been keeping your PC up to date it has very little extra.

In my case it caused problems after installing it I suddenly needed to activate it again and again.So uninstalled it,problem ceased.
Your choice of course.

rambus 14:57 28 Jun 09

i would have to disagree with "gengiscant" if you have any system you are better off with the service packs that are released. microsoft spend huge sums of money putting these things together to enable you to enjoy a more stable and trouble free experience. if you keep your machine in good order and update regularly and follow the correct procedure for downloading and installing then you WONT have any problems. i have installed service packs for 98, millenium, xp and vista on numerous machines and have never had any problems. so my advice for what its worth is to install vista sp2 correctly and you will have a better machine to use.

Woolwell 15:54 28 Jun 09

Agree with rambus.

woodchip 17:05 28 Jun 09

Me thinks that Security updates are the one that need loading, other are up to you. if its working okay why would it need fixing

jakimo 01:55 29 Jun 09

If SP2 refuses to download,its an indication that theres something(probably hardware) on your system that is not compatible with SP2 so it refuses to install. I don't remember where you should look, but a thorough search of google should come up with the answer. However Installing SP2 is not compulsory, and a system can still run smoothly without it,mine did

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac