Vista SP2

raziel08 23:11 21 Jan 09

This isn't really a technical question but does anyone know when Vista service pack 2 is to be officailly released. Also what advantages will it have over service pack 2.

woodchip 23:12 21 Jan 09

SP2 and service pack 2. are one and the same

MAJ 23:20 21 Jan 09

SP2 should be an UPGRADE to XP.

rdave13 23:26 21 Jan 09

click here . Running beta version but for my needs not much difference.
From Microsoft " SP2 is an update to Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista that addresses feedback from our customers and partners. By providing these fixes integrated into a single service pack, Microsoft provides a single high-quality update that minimizes deployment and testing complexity for customers.
In addition to all previously released updates, SP2 will contain changes focused on addressing reliability and performance issues, supporting new kinds of hardware, and adding support for several emerging standards. SP2 will also continue to make it easier for IT administrators to deploy and manage large installations of Windows Server 2008. "

gazzaho 07:15 22 Jan 09

There's a beta of it released now for the masochistic. The latest issue 164 March 2009 of PC Advisor states the final release date as being April. There doesn't appear to be anything ground shattering in it so I for one can wait for it.

raziel08 08:48 22 Jan 09

in respone to woodchip. when i said "Also what advantages will it have over service pack 2" it should have been "Also what advantages will it have over service pack 1". typo.

Yeah i have read the latest issue but was hoping for a bit more insight into it. The information available from microsoft is vague as usual.

P.S i think that the new os (windows 7) looks quite good but i wouldn't want to upgrade to it at any time. If its based on vista then its go to be the buggiest thing ever.

rdave13 08:52 22 Jan 09

How about this; click here

ambra4 14:15 22 Jan 09

Windows Vista SP2 Release Date Delay

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced