Vista SP1

anniesboy68 16:02 05 Jun 08

I'm still waiting for windows update to find Vista SP1, anyone else waiting??????

crosstrainer 16:12 05 Jun 08

You can force Vista to update to SP1.

Open Windows Update.

Check for updates.

Choose "View Available updates"

SP1 Should appear...Then you can choose to install it. It is as yet not available via automatic updates, and there are a few issues.

Mine went fine on 2 machines at home, but had several problems with clients machines.

If you want to try, follow the instructions:

click here

anniesboy68 16:20 05 Jun 08

crosstrainer....thanks for that, will await a while to see what happens. The object of the post however, was to state [if that's the correct term] that SP1 was not appearing so as to install!

Pine Man 16:46 05 Jun 08

Lots of people are still waiting to be 'offered' SP1. Don't worry about it because a number of different things installed in or fixed to your 'box of dots' can upset Windows Update.

There is a 'fits all' SP1 download but it is prone to all sorts of problems.

From what I have read once SP1 is correctly installed you will probably notice little difference.

I still haven't been 'offered' SP1 and I have tried to use other methods but my advice is sit quiet and wait.

Fingees 16:47 05 Jun 08

I am still waiting for it to appear as an update.
I don't want to install it until it is right for my computer.

anniesboy68 16:57 05 Jun 08

Pine Man....I will keep waiting!!!On another matter....How do you get the bold print ie anniesboy68, beneath Pineman in your post?

Pine Man 17:05 05 Jun 08

Cut and paste the name on the thread you are replying to into the 'title' box on your reply - if that makes sense!

anniesboy68 17:32 05 Jun 08

Ok ta.

anniesboy68 17:05 25 Jun 08

Still waiting.......is anyone else awaiting via the update system???

crosstrainer 17:10 25 Jun 08

I think July was the specified time for SP1 to be released via automatic
updates.....

click here

Also, some machines with older BIOS chip's will Never be offered the update due to compatibility issues.

anniesboy68 19:39 25 Jun 08

crosstrainer...Thanks for that will await the outcome....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…