vista readyboost

stormrider123 14:43 07 Aug 10

hi i have fixed my issue of upgrading from xp in my last post

i just upgraded ram and installed vista

i was wondering if my sandisck cruzer blade is compatible with readyboost in vista

mgmcc 14:53 07 Aug 10

When you plug it in, Vista will tell you (in the drive's Properties) whether it can be used for Readyboost.

I tried using Readyboost with several USB flash drives, but gave up as it didn't seem to make any noticeable difference. I believe it needs to be a drive with very fast read/write speeds to function.

stormrider123 14:55 07 Aug 10

can you suggest me a better usb than

i heard a sandisk cruzer micro u3 is very good with readyboost is that right

mgmcc 15:12 07 Aug 10

You can only try it and see. The flash drives I had obviously weren't fast enough, but it wasn't something I considered worth pursuing.

gomez554 20:54 07 Aug 10

i've got one of these:

click here i

its designed for readyboost, it does work when i'm using alot of programs or one thats demanding alot more from the ram, but i had to set my power options to "maximum performance" so i don't get much battery time

stormrider123 13:04 10 Aug 10

thanks will try and battery life inst such an issue for me since i have a desktop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…