Vista Re-Install and Firewall

squashgym 08:51 28 Nov 08

My pc decided that it would have to boot from disc to start up. That seemed to work fine once then the second time it performed a full windows installation setting up a new user / admin account.

All my files from under my previous username are still there so I was going to copy them over to the new windows account.

My questions I suppose are; any ideas why this might have happend and what can I do to prevent it happening again?

Is it simply a case of copying my old files over to their new locations on the c drive?

I've installed avg, commodo and super anti spyware and currently running full scans with them but haven't found anything nasty.

If I use commodo firewall, should I be turning my windows fireawall off too?

User-1229748 09:59 28 Nov 08

i can answer your final question. if you install comodo i think it will turn the vista firewall off but you can check by going into control panel-security center-firewall.

squashgym 10:02 28 Nov 08

thanks

User-1229748 10:04 28 Nov 08

actually i've just looked on the comodo forums and they recommend you turn off the windows firewall to install comodo.

Rahere 12:02 28 Nov 08

No harm in trying to copy your files over!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced