+++ VISTA PROGRAMME INSTALL PROBLEMS

pcdimwit 00:44 19 Mar 10

I have an Asus X58L laptop with Windows Vista home basic 32bit OS, I am trying to download the paragon free back-up and restore programme but every time I try to run the programme a window opens up with "windows Installer" at the top and a big red cross in a shield saying "system administrator has put in place restrictions to prevent you running this programme...., I have downloaded and run with no problem the same programme on my Acer laptop with Windows XP, I have this problem with another laptop with Vista OS system, that was for trying to dlownload the Quicktime player, my question is: what do I have to do to "enable" downloading programmes?

pcdimwit 19:13 19 Mar 10

this problem has been F**king me up for weeks with these laptops with Vista, I clicked on your link but at first in "control panel" I couldnt find UAC in the "classic view" but it came up in the normal home page view, so clicked to disable the UAC and now I have managed to download the Paragon Back-up and Restore programme I wanted - I bet I will be able to download Quicktime now also!!! One thing though!! I keep getting a window popping up on the bottom task bar saying to "click here" to fix the problem, do you think I should put the UAC back on now or will it be OK to leave it disabled? Thanks alot for your GREAT help - the PCDIMWIT!!

pcdimwit 20:46 20 Mar 10

will do that, I guess its OK to leave the UAC control "off" and be able to load any programme I want (it DID load Quicktime OK)? thanks PCDIMWIT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant