Vista problem sending pictures

Marty1 20:41 22 Jul 08

I can open the Windows Photo Gallery, select the picture, select e-mail and the box opens allowing me to re-size the picture; I then click 'Attach' and that's where it all goes wrong - instead of opening an e-mail for me to attach the pic to it it goes straight to 'Sending e-mail'. How do I get the e-mail format (and where are my pictures going to lol)?

Technotiger 20:48 22 Jul 08

Try opening/composing your email first, and then attach the picture.

Marty1 20:51 22 Jul 08

Technotiger, if I do that, I don't get the option to re-size the pictures which sending them through Windows Mail and from Windows Photo Gallery gives me...

Technotiger 21:02 22 Jul 08

Hmm, I use XP and Incredimail, I never have to re-size photos when sending by email - Incredimail does it automatically, provided the right box is ticked. The way I advised you, is the way I do it myself.

skidzy 21:14 22 Jul 08

It cannot be sent anywhere as you would not have an email address typed yet,this is currently left blank during the process you described above.

There is a quick flash on the screen saying sending,but have you looked at the bottom of your screen for the email ?

grey george 21:30 22 Jul 08

Mine tells me that outlook express can not deal with it and I should use outlook, so this may well be where it ends up.
I use photo paint to get my pics ready, usually save them to the desktop so there easy to find to attach, then delete them. (leaving the originals unchanged)

Marty1 21:34 22 Jul 08

All I am doing is following the instrucions in the Help section of Vista to send pictures - after I click attach after re-sizing the picture, the link to open the e-mail format letter is missing. What I am asking is - how do I get that link back?

skidzy 21:50 22 Jul 08

Maybe a small oversight,this is Vista and not xp.

grey george 21:53 22 Jul 08

Which email programme are you using?

skidzy 21:56 22 Jul 08

Good point,as Windows Mail is default untill changed...this maybe the root of the problem.

grey george 22:10 22 Jul 08

I think this only works with outlook, which means you need ms office, or you use a seperate pic. programme (picasa 2) to edit your pics and then attach them as from with in your email programme.
skidzy
(yes I still call it outlook express even though it's windows mail)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…