Vista problem with Konica Minolta magicolor 2400W

Rebuilt 20:11 13 Oct 08

I had no problem with is printer on XP Pro. When I did my enforced rebuild and went to Vista Ultimate I got the latest drivers for this printer and installed them - no problem.
However, I have 2 separate accounts on my PC (one for me and one for the wife).
When I configured the printer on her account there appeared to be a problem. The driver runs a pop-up program that displays the status and allows you to look at various things like toner levels.
When I signed on as her it said 'Fatal Print Spooler Error' 'Access Denied'
After some fiddling around (installing/deinstalling the driver) I found that whichever of us had the driver installed last got this problem. However - printing still worked!!

I have tried setting it up as a shared printer but then the pop-up is no longer accessible so I cannot see supplies status etc.

Any ideas?

Rebuilt 14:56 16 Oct 08

Bump - any ideas?

Rahere 15:14 16 Oct 08

not sure but could it be that one account has more limited access than the other - for example did you install the printer in admin mode in both cases?

Rebuilt 18:32 16 Oct 08

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - it was installed in Admin mode in both. In fact I can flip-flop between which works depending on which was installed last.

Woolwell 21:44 16 Oct 08

Have you e-mailed Konica?

281apple 09:17 17 Oct 08

I'm not an expert and having Vista only for about 4 months, I had an almost similar problem. The necessary OK from the Administrator is driving me crazy. It took me a long time to get the printer to work and now it works but honestly I don't even know how I did it. The problem might well be with the Administrator(s).

Rahere 10:10 17 Oct 08

I don't have Vista but I know in XP thee's the option to allow all users of the PC to use a program when installing - does this exist in Vista?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…