Vista preinstalled

JACC 12:36 03 Aug 07

I am in the long long long process of buying a new pc and was wondering i f you can help me with this problem . After some long searches i have decided to buy a pc form Novatech . The problem is , they preinstall W Vista if you want them to and you get a recovery disc,is it worth it to buy a full version of W vista seperatley and install it myself or is it alright to let Novatech install it fot me , it works out a good deal cheaper to le them install it.I just don't know the best solution :( I was going to have Vista Ultimate as my OS.

Graham. 12:44 03 Aug 07

The OS will be what is known as OEM, Own Equipment Manufacturer, which is more economical for Novatech and cheaper for you.

Unless you plan to change your PC regularly, this is the best option.

If you bought your own OS, you would be able to transfer it to a new machine.

JACC 13:49 03 Aug 07

Thankyou Graham , i think i will be keeping the pc for a good length of time.

Dart Echo 14:13 03 Aug 07

Not that it makes any difference to your query, JACC, but OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacture.

BTW, if you were to buy from Cougar-Extreme click here you could choose either Vista or XP and get a full OEM disc, not one of those dreaded restore jobbys.

if it's preinstalled you just burn the operating system to cd and delete the recovery partition, it will probably be the first thing you are prompted to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant