Vista plug-in!!!

pj1664 21:37 15 Jan 07

Hi guys, does anyone know where i could get some vista plug in's ie the way the vista desktop look, I have been on the microsoft web site but could not find anything.

STREETWORK 21:40 15 Jan 07

Use google and search for Win XP Vista Desktop themes

pj1664 17:40 16 Jan 07

Ok found the software and backedup my system and istalled the software but now I cant restore my system to previous state and cant even connect to the internet. Suspect a melware or a trojan so tried to install spy sweeper and the system wont have it.
Start windows in safe mode to to restore my system to before the plug in, nothing happends (no response)Tried to repair windows form the installation cd and the administrator password prompt comes up. I have never set a password for administrator. Checked the BIOS and the administrator password is disabled so there is no password but it keeps asking me for a password. Any ideas?

STREETWORK 17:50 16 Jan 07

What was the software you downloaded and installed...

This will help in identifying the cause of the problem

pj1664 18:19 16 Jan 07

The software is Brico pack vist inspirat

archir123 18:43 16 Jan 07

click here

dont just go blundering in and installing anything , remember you are altering system files , go to the forums first and read ALL the faq , look at what others have done and what problems they have encountered before you install it.

thats why you had problems in the first place , not enough research (i alway go blundering in meself ;0) its just better if you dont ;0) )

this is a very popular theme pack by a well respected author , ive tried it and its very impressive , if you want your desktop to look like Vista that is :0p

archir123 18:47 16 Jan 07

normally if you prompted for an admin password when you aint set one just hitting return should suffice.

have you looked in add remove programs to uninstall crystal XP , did you also know you have to do it in safe mode (or did you now read the faq ;0) )

pj1664 20:04 16 Jan 07

Hi archir123, thanks 4 your feedback youa re right perhaps I should have research more. I uninstalled it in normal windows and it uninstall fine as the release note did say if you uninstall system will revert back to normal xp but little did I know it was to be done in safe mode, nothing of safe mode was mentioned.
I have tried pressing enter and all that comes up is C:windows>(it waits for a prompt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…