Vista PC - How to wake up after sleep mode HELP

montydog 12:02 17 Feb 07

My new Vista Premium PC from Evesham will not 'wake up' if I put it into sleep mode, (I have to press the power button until it goes off) I've looked at the BIOS but am unsure what to do. There is no documentation from Evesham on this. Any help gratefully received.

sPiKe25 13:37 18 Feb 07

Hi there. Does your PC wake up when you press the power button once without holding it down?

sPiKe25

montydog 14:39 18 Feb 07

sPIKe25

No, nothing happens. Frustrating!

anskyber 14:47 18 Feb 07

Is this the same problem or a different one? click here

sPiKe25 19:25 26 Feb 07

There was a similar problem to this in XP before. It was apparently something to do with a security utility within XP stopping the computer from 'waking up', and Microsoft released a fix for it.

If you can't find any help, I would suggest that you use Hibernation instead of Standby, and wait to see if anything is said by Microsoft.

sPiKe25

Ashrich 20:31 26 Feb 07

Go into the bios and look for the Power options , especially the bit for waking up the PC , select something like " awake from S3 " or however your bios maker terms it , that will give you the option to waken the PC by clicking the mouse or tapping a key on the keyboard .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced