vista or windows 7 quandry

smeetle 13:54 04 Nov 09

I am awaitng delivery of my new laptop,which comes with vista home disc,is there any way i could change the disc to a windows 7 disc,i have asked the company i bought from and they say they wont be able to ship my l/t to me with windows 7 until end of month,basically should i install and try an uprade,or does microsoft allow any form of exchange,or should i just go with vista.i have searched numrerous threads but can seem to find any that matches,sorry if this sounds long winded,thks

canarieslover 14:39 04 Nov 09

Most Vista laptops still for sale appear to come with a 'free' upgrade to Win 7 available from the manufacturer. This usually involves a handling and postage charge that is often around the £22 mark if recent postings on the subject are anything to go by. click here

Pine Man 14:48 04 Nov 09

If you can wait until the end of the month and get Windows7 I would do that.

Windows7 is a much better o/s (in my opinion) than Vista and there is no guarantee that you will have a trouble free upgrade to Windows7.

smeetle 15:03 04 Nov 09

thks canarieslover,i read in one of the post from your link that microsoft will send free windows 7 disc in exchange for the vista copy,does anybody know this as fact,my laptop isnt pe-installed so sounds like it may be a like for like swap?

think you may be right pine man,about vista being not so good,i,ve not heard a good word for it yet,but really need my lappy up an running b4 end of month.

golfpro 07:07 05 Nov 09

I don´t understand, almost all dealers are shipping their new computers with Win 7 now unless specifically asked for an alternative system. If this is a new laptop, have you already paid for it, if not I would be tempted to cancel the order and find another store where you can get one with Win 7 over the counter. Whatever you do I would WAIT the extra couple of weeks and get it delivered with Win 7 installed by the store so that it is up and ready when you get it.
You won´t regret it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…