Vista or Fujitsu Siemens Problem?

Expat 1 11:20 06 Nov 07

I am running Vista Home on a Fujitsu Siemens Pi2515 laptop. 120 GB Hard drive with 2GB of Memory.

Was having no problems until I bought and connected a 7 port 2.0 USB powered Hub.Running from that is HP Printer, which is not switched on all the time as is a Iomega 200GB External disc drive, for back ups
Also running from the hub is a Logitech wireless mouse and a 2GB Pen Drive.
The problem is that the Laptop will not power up if I turn on with the USB drive connected.

Is it a common fault with Vista or Fujitsu Seimens Laptops. It gets very tiresome having to keep unplugging and plugging in the USB drive every time i switch on. Any advice or solution will be greatly appreciated.

Expat 1 11:38 06 Nov 07

O S Is Vista Home Premium.

Grantrh 12:00 06 Nov 07

I would try plugging the USB hub into a different usb port if you can or seeing if the laptops recognises the hub without the devices plugged in and eliminate what the problem might be that way.

Expat 1 12:15 06 Nov 07

Have tried all that just like to know whether anyone else has had the problem. Both OS and Laptop only 1 month old.

Added to the fact that I am in Spain and have a bit of a problem locally with the language

Thanks all the same for your interest.

Expat 1

ventanas 12:17 06 Nov 07

Its a common problem with Vista. if you try to boot with an external drive connected and switched on it won't get past the bios read.
I have the same issue, but consider it only a minor one.
Just make sure your external drive is off when you boot.

Taff™ 13:06 06 Nov 07

I concur with ventanas, this was also a problem with some XP machines. Just make sure the external drive is switched off.

Expat 1 13:20 06 Nov 07

Pleased to know that it.s virtually common to the Vista OS.

Many thanks for you input.

Expat1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…