vista oem installation problems

guyvine1 14:22 02 Sep 07

i'm having trouble installing vista oem copy on to my new build. first time i have built anything. everything is brand new.
2x wd 500 GB HDD
his radeon ati x1950 pro
asus p5k deluxe
intel e6750.
it is all connected together fine all working well, i'm having trouble when booting from this disc, starts fine, and then when asked to choose where to install windows, upon clicking on either of the hdd's, there is a warning msg
"this computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the comps bios menu." not sure what this means as i can find no such thing in the bios.
i proceeded anyway and it then said
"windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation."
im stumped at the mo, would really appreciate any help.

brundle 14:24 02 Sep 07

IDE or SATA drives?

guyvine1 23:01 02 Sep 07

sata

Forum Editor 23:08 02 Sep 07

click here and work through the various potential causes.

guyvine1 09:32 03 Sep 07

will try thank you

Jamed 02:51 15 Sep 07

Having exactly the same problem. Bought HP media centre - Intel E6400, Asus P5LP-LE motherboard, 2x 320GB Seagate HDD (ST3320820AS) with no OS installed. The PC is usually sold with Vista installed but I can't install Vista Premium OEM and get the same message as in your post. Have tried to get hold of the drivers for the hard disc controller but not having much luck. Any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced