Vista Non Destructive restore

kalstras 09:03 22 Apr 09
Answered

I am having trouble with my comp and the network wont identify. My ISP said it was HP's issue but it worked yesterday. I tried a roll back and it was unsuccessful. This all happened after installing Norton 360 v3 on top of my v2 which was uninstalled first. HELP I was wondering if Vista had a Non Destructive system restore or there was some other way to get services up and running. Allmy other computer programs and apps work fine btw

thanks very VERY much

/kal

Technotiger 09:18 22 Apr 09

Personally I would get rid of Norton for a start, nothing but trouble according to what one reads on Google.

click here

I would not touch it with the proverbial barge-pole .... but that is just my own opinion - no doubt others will disagree!

have you tried click here
also flush dns click here
i think googling anything with 'is rubbish' as an ending is unlikely to find any positive threads to be honest.

kalstras 10:27 22 Apr 09

how unhelpful is that? Ok you don't like Norton, but I have been using it on my home systems for ten years. Please does anyone know of a way to do a non destructive system restore on a Vista system? I have an HP Pavilion Media Centre 7775.uk-a btw

Many thanks

Kal

kalstras 10:28 22 Apr 09

thank you adman 2 am looking into your advice now
:)

Kal

Curio 18:59 22 Apr 09
Answer

Have a read of this. May be beneficial
click here

kalstras 08:54 23 Apr 09

Thanks for that Curio!!

worked a charm m8!

;) Kal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos