Vista Network/Media sharing

Doodles 18:27 09 May 07

Hi

I have upgraded to VISTA Ultimate and i am now having problems with my Pinnacle Show Centre 200.
When i open WMP and go to media sharing I can see the SC200 but when i go to network it does not appear. I have turned off firewalls but this does not change anything.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Abra {tag28} 01:54 10 May 07

Go to your NETWORK CENTER in Control Panel & change the Network Category to PUBLIC. You should now be able to see the XP machine from Vista.

Go to USER ACCOUNTS in Control Panel > click on Manage Your Network Passwords on the left menu -- there should be an existing entry, select the properties for that entry and add a username and change the existing password.

Restart the Vista computer.

With the username and password that you provided, you should now be able to access the Vista computer from the XP machine.

This will however bypass the inbuild network security for vista, so make sure that you have software firewalls/antivirus in place etc.

Seems to work in most cases!

(yes this is a copy and paste from my last 'vista doesnt connect to my x' thread ;))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…