Vista & Netgear Wireless adapters.

The Kestrel 17:17 23 Jun 07

I have just bought a new base unit with Vista Home Premium as the OS. I have tried installing the drivers for my two Netgear USB wireless adapters (WG111 & WG121). The drivers are installed on the PC, but when I connect the device I get the message that the drivers cannot be found. I have tried pointing to the program file on the C drive, but still get the same message.

I have been to the Netgear site to see if updated drivers are available, but there do not appear to be any. Has any one else had this problem and found a solution?

ambra4 17:29 23 Jun 07

Try here for WG111 V2 Vista driver

click here

The Kestrel 17:51 23 Jun 07

Thanks ambra4. I'm not sure how to install this download. Do I install the downloaded system file with the original drivers on the PC, or is this a stand alone set of drivers that I install from scratch?

ambra4 18:51 23 Jun 07

Can you see the adaptor in the device Manager

If you can right click on device and do a driver update

Only after you have unzip the file to a folder

Please Note that the driver is a Bata version

The Kestrel 20:16 23 Jun 07

Thanks again for your help ambra4, it's now up and running. Vista doesn't seem to make connecting devices very easy. I solved the problem by doing the reverse of the Netgear installation instructions. Connect the USB adapter first and then install the drivers via the new hardware device in Vista. Finally reinstall the drivers again direct from the folder to obtain the Netgear connection wizard shortcut.

ambra4 20:39 23 Jun 07

Glad to hear that system up and running

The driver for the 121 is not available as yet.

So next time you should have no problems

mrwoowoo 22:08 23 Jun 07

bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…