Vista & mobile phone nightmare!

legalrep 13:35 29 Dec 08

My son received a Sony Ericsson W350i phone for Christmas we loaded the software on to my wife's HP Pavilion TX 2000 vista machine.
BIG mistake we are now experiencing problem after problem, defender has crashed so to windows media player and we have had a blue screen informing us that there was a serious memory problem and to back everything up! Restarted everything seemed ok but after connecting the phone problems have returned (except blue screen have only seen this on one occasion).
I ran system’s restore but I’m unable to go back any further that 2 days, (loaded software 25th) tried uninstalling software and reloading on numerous occasion and it seems to have used up all the restore points! Is there any way I can recover restore points from an earlier date?
I want to somehow return machine to Christmas Eve condition as the machine had never had any problems until then, the laptop is around 6 months old.
Any advice would be gratefully received!

birdface 13:44 29 Dec 08

Have you tried system restore in safe mode or last good configuration.Or try deleting it in while in there.

legalrep 14:34 29 Dec 08

Thanks Buteman but restore points the same in safe mode.

Pineman100 14:57 29 Dec 08

You could try starting the computer using Last Known Good Configuration.

Here's Microsoft's tutorial on the subject.

click here

Have you checked that the phone's software is Vista-compatible?

legalrep 15:36 29 Dec 08

It says vista compatible but judging by past experiance with my own machine thats open to debate!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…