vista on medion mim2120

mad1234 13:48 09 Oct 07

hi i have a medion mim2120 laptop & fancy putting a vista upgrade in as it currently has xp but i have already had the RAM increased to 512MB(originally had 256 but was mega slow) & i can't seem to find out anywhere if i can put it upto 1GB or not which seems to be what vista needs.

if it is possible do you guys think it is worth upgrading or just staying with xp

check to see if other specs are up to vista
click here

mad1234 14:04 09 Oct 07

thanks ├četa
it's nice to know i can still get the memory even after 2 years

mad1234 14:06 09 Oct 07

thanks *Raven*
i don't have my laptop with me but i will download that when i get home

mad1234 14:14 12 Oct 07

ran that upgrade advisor & got all minor things which i think updated drivers should take care of except for the size of the hard drive. the HD is a 40GB but split int 3 - 1-20GB & 2-10GB. the 20GB is my c drive & currently with all my info on the pc i only have 6GB free space so i am currently trying to find out if my recovery disks will work if i move the partitions or put a new HD in with with my current HD copied to it.

Weskit 15:37 12 Oct 07

I have the same laptop and use an external hard drive to ease pressure on the internal partitions.

mad1234 18:19 12 Oct 07

the unfortunate thing is that vista requires 15GB free space to install it so i need to free up a lot of space

mad1234 12:29 16 Oct 07

i think i have decided to put in a larger HD & clone my old one onto it. i will keep my old one incase i need to go back to it.
Can you plug 2 HD's into one laptop? as i understand it there isn't much space in there.
if theres not enough space to plug them into my laptop can you plug them into a pc to do the job?

i have noticed that when you first install vista you can create recovery disks which you can use to reset to the factory defaults. can you do the same with the upgrade?

woodchip 12:49 16 Oct 07

All the Laptop Drivers will need to be upgraded. I have just bought a new Laptop With XP as I did not like Vista. And had problems connecting to my router with it Wireless. It also Is a Drive Hog. It will eat your Drive Space

mad1234 12:56 16 Oct 07

so woodchip do you think i would be better off sticking with xp until i need to replace my laptop?

woodchip 13:12 16 Oct 07

If I was you just use what you have the upgrade is not worth the problems it will bring you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…