VISTA laptop won't play 'SWF' game on net

Graphicool1 15:44 11 Apr 10

It has just come to our attention that my wifes laptop won't play 'swf' games on the Net! She has the latest Adobe Flash Player. All she uses the lappy for is downloading and playing games. Which she can do without a hitch.

The other day a friend emailled a link to a small on line brain teaser game...
click here
I in turn emailedemailed to various people in my address book, all of which - including myself, on my WinXP PC - played it no problem. However when my wife clicks the link, the website opens as a blank page. Down the bottom left hand it say's 'Done' but there is nothing.

Woolwell 16:05 11 Apr 10

Runs ok on my Vista desktop using Firefox and IE8.
Could be a browser or anti-virus setting. Which browser? Probably have to wait for someone else to advise on settings.

Graphicool1 16:30 11 Apr 10

IE7 same as mine. Her anti-virus settings are also the same as mine.

Graphicool1 16:34 11 Apr 10

I hadn't thought until you said about the anti-virus settings. But I guess it could be a Firewall thing? As she has the Vista Firewall with 'Default' settings. I on the other hand have Ashampoo Firewall.

rdave13 16:56 11 Apr 10

There's a slight difference between Flash and Shockwave, though both are flash players. No idea what but worth checking if Shockwave installed; click here

Graphicool1 17:13 11 Apr 10

That was the first thing I thought of. I installed it, but it made no difference!

Graphicool1 17:15 11 Apr 10

I ran a search on the Net and found that my wife's Vista isn't the only victim. It seems to be prevalent with Win7 also?

rdave13 17:28 11 Apr 10

Works on Win7 for me with IE8. To test if it's a browser problem install Firefox and see if it works on that browser.

Woolwell 19:05 11 Apr 10

Just had a check and I have had it working with Opera and Chrome.
Has she got an anti-script ad-blocker running?

Graphicool1 19:15 11 Apr 10

This is what my wife said, when I suggested trying your last idea...
"Bit extreme isn't it!"

Woolwell
I'll have a look and post back.

Thanx for your thoughts guy's

tullie 19:31 11 Apr 10

Nothing extreme about trying another browser

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac