Vista laptop no connection to wifi router

I am running a desktop using Windows XP Pro which is connected to a BTHub router via Ethernet which works fine. My son has a new laptop (wireless enabled) running Vista home - however he cannot connect wirelessly to BTHub in fact 9 times out of 10 it does not see it. I have religiously followed all instructions and triple checked everything but no joy. He is ok when connected to BTHub via ethernet. Any tips please.

Regards
Boike

Ashrich 22:07 13 Jul 08

Firstly I would uninstall the wireless adapter from device manager and reboot the system , if that doesn't sort it I would then manually update the drivers for the card to see if that makes a difference . Does the laptop use a utility from the manufacturer to make the wireless connection or does it use Vista to see and connect ?

Ashley

Ashrich 22:09 13 Jul 08

Another thought , try temporarily turning off the firewall on the Vista laptop , and check in the router that Access Control isn't turned on and blocking him out .

Ashley

I'm having a similar problem. Resetting the Hub works, but for only couple of hours (I plugging it off and put it back after few minutes-- it's a kind of hard-core and pain-in-the-You-Know, really).
I'll check the solutions above later on, though.

Sene

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced