vista instillation

1smurff 18:29 18 Apr 07

hi,
my lovely mother in law has bought a new mesh computer with windows vista and also joined talk talk broadband.
on inserting the disc for broadband the disc requests the administrator login and password but does not recognise it. cannot go online for advice because she cannot connect online driving me crazy she wants to bin the lot can you advise please

BurrWalnut 18:51 18 Apr 07

This doesn't answer your question but why not forget about using a modem and go for a router.

No software to install, just plug it in and key in your user name and password for under £50 click here

rodriguez 18:55 18 Apr 07

Did she get a modem or router with her Talk Talk package? If it's a modem it will be a smallish box with just a USB connection and if it's a router it will have a USB and Ethernet network connection.

If it's a router just plug it in the Ethernet lead (it's usually yellow) and forget about the Talk Talk CD. It should pick it up as a new network and put you online.

If it's a modem, install the USB drivers from the CD (you might just have to run the whole CD and go through it) then plug in the USB lead, let it install and it should put you on the internet. The thing is, I think some Talk Talk modems aren't supposed to work with Vista, but try it anyway and see how it goes.

As for the password thing, post the make and model of the modem/router and I'll find out the default username and password it uses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac