Vista Installer Problem

stephenrenner 07:22 11 Dec 07

I just plugged my computer in and began to install windows vista however my peripherals were not working because I could not get the dongle for the printer and keyboard to work. So I hooked up my old keyboard and mouse and they would not work until I restarted the computer. once I restarted a dialogue box popped up saying that because installation was interrupted the computer would have to be restarted in order to restart installation. This dialogue box pops up every time I restart the computer. The computer did not come with an installation disk! What can I do to fix this problem?

johnnyrocker 09:21 11 Dec 07

vista forum?

johnny,

anskyber 09:42 11 Dec 07

How did you "install" windows Vista without a disc in the first place?

anskyber 09:43 11 Dec 07

What is the make and model of your PC?

rawprawn 09:44 11 Dec 07

Is there a Factory settings Recovery partiton?

stephenrenner 13:47 11 Dec 07

it is an HP Pavillion A6607c. I was myself surprised there was no installation disk I looked all over for one. Vista just started to install when I first turned the computer on.

anskyber 14:18 11 Dec 07

I think there should be a Recovery Manager for your laptop.

To see press start, all programs, Recovery Manager and I think Recovery Manager again.

Choose Advanced options, system recovery, then next. Follow the onscreen instructions.

I do not know if this will lose any preinstalled programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…