Vista IE7 blank page pops up, what to do?

I recently purchased a new computer and I keep getting a blank internet explorer page pop up, even when I am not online. It happens every so often and is getting pretty annoying, I've reset internet explorer, deleted cookies and temp. files. I even installed Firefox, thought maybe it was IE7, but it still shows up out of nowhere. Any advice? If this has been resolved for someone else please let me know. Appreciate the help and time. Thanks again.

birdface 10:15 08 Mar 08

I don't suppose going into tools and turning off the pop-up blocker will help.

but wont turning off pop up blocker allow more pop ups? This thing started to happen only when I got Vista, I can log on with my laptop with XP and no problems. Any other tricks up your sleeve?

birdface 17:08 10 Mar 08

Only one way to find out try it.If it still does not work switch it back on again.

ACOLYTE 17:12 10 Mar 08

Im not sure about Vista because i use XP,but it sounds like the messenger popup adds you can get on XP,i dont know if Vista has this or not.

skidzy 20:18 10 Mar 08

What have you downloaded recently on the Vista machine ?

Check in add and remove programs for any toolbars and remove these.

nothing dowloaded to Vista machine, its been doing it since i got it. We have another desktop running Vista and this one does it as well. The other desktop connects wirelessly to network.

Just wanted to thank all you guys for your help and suggestions, found the culprit. A while back I downloaded incredimail and magentic for my wife. Turns out it was the magentic download that was causing the issue. Uninstalled that sucker and we are golden!!! Thanks again for the help, good to know there are lots of people willing to help out there. Thanks guys! Anyone else has this issue hope this helps you as well. Take care.

birdface 08:29 11 Mar 08

Well spotted.I have had Incredimail for years but have not downloaded Magnetic.Thanks for the feedback its one to remember.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac