Vista Home to Ultimate

PO79 17:31 06 Mar 09

My lappy cam with Vista Home Premium OEM installed which is now updated to SP1 and all other uipdates.

I have my own retail copy of Vista Ultimate (no SP1). When I try to upgrade, I can only get the option of a clean install, as the upgrade option is disabled stating I have a later version installed.

Is there a way to override this to get the upgade in place to work?.

jimv7 18:13 06 Mar 09

Remove sp1 and try again.

Diversion 01:14 07 Mar 09

Hi P079
Vista Ultimate always works like that on my PC, it won't let you repair or do an upgrade and my version has SP1 included on the installation DVD.

PO79 12:25 07 Mar 09

jimv7 - Thanks, but not worth the bother.

Diversion - That's what I suspected, and it can't be slipstreamed either, thanks MS.

I am going to try installing onto another partition, upgrading to SP1 and all updates, then cloning to another HD with ATI. Then delete the Home premium partition, booting from the ATI rescue disk and restoring the clone to a newly created C:\ partition to see if that works.

Apologies for the late replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…