Vista Home Premium can't use other programs

hastelloy 13:10 30 Aug 08
Answered

This morning I installed Vista Home Premium on my D drive so I have duel boot with XP Pro on my C drive. I have just downloaded a Vista driver for my wirless adaptor so, hopefully, will be able to connect to the internet in Vista when I install it. In the meantime Vista won't recognise any of the software on my C drive - do I have to reinstall it all on the D drive?

crosstrainer 13:18 30 Aug 08
Answer

Yep, either that, or change all the registry paths....Not really possible.

Also, bear in mind that some softwre is not Vista compatible...

click here

The article provides a starting point. Many other applications can be made to work with Vista....Anything special in mind?

hastelloy 12:02 31 Aug 08

I wanted to do a slow switch to Vista to allow me to get used to it whilst still having XP but so far I'm finding it heavy going. I have now managed to get online with Vista and have reinstalled AVG on D drive. Vista keeps telling me it's switched off, but it isn't. According to your link (links from that don't work in XP) Adobe Premiere Elements works with Vista but I get the error message "The currently installed driver does not support Direct Sound Input. Recording audio is not possible." and then it stops responding. So far Vista has only caused problems. I'll persevere for a while but may well end up going back to XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…