Vista Home Premium

amyjen7 20:19 15 Oct 08

I regularly get and download up dates but one always fails "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pk2 (KB921896). One of our readers had a similar problem and gave me advice starting with the SQL Server Configuration Manager. I understand now, that my version of Vista may not have this which suggest this download does not apply to me. If so, how do I stop it keep asking me to download. Help!!!!

Thank you

Kind regards

cocteau48 20:43 15 Oct 08

In XP and using the MS Update site there is a checkbox facility which will stop MS from trying to download any specific update again.
Maybe if you try to access your Vista update via the MS update site (rather than the update function within Vista)then the same facility may be available there.
I have never had to do so myself but may be worth a look.

Zeppelyn 21:23 15 Oct 08

Right click on that particular update and select "Hide this update" I remember doing that to hide all the language updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…