Vista Home Premium

amyjen7 19:06 15 Sep 08

Hi my PC is set to receive updates automatically but each time it does my PC shuts down and reboots,without an option,and despite that I am in the middles of doing work. Is there anyway of setting it so I can reboot at my convenience?

Thank you

Kind regards

woodchip 19:19 15 Sep 08

Two ways is set it to Notify you or Set it to Manual There are several ways you can do it In Control Panel Check under Security

pooshen 12:45 17 Jun 09

i have the same problem too... woodchip, i can't use what you put in the topic, the problem is the pc keeps restarting after the screen shows a message (3 of 3 - 0% (don't turn off the computer)) then it restarts. it loops at the same screen and even if i try it on all the selection on F8 menu but nothing seem to be happening... please help me... i can't format my pc because because my files is very important to me and my business...

birdface 14:08 17 Jun 09

If it is a big update it will take time to run it when closing.SP2 or I/E8 maybe.If it takes 20 minutes or more just leave it if it takes 45 minutes maybe then start worrying.

birdface 14:14 17 Jun 09

maybe like woodchip says go into security Center in control panel.At the bottom click on Automatic Updates.And switch it off.
Most updates come on the second Tuesday of each month so install them manually from Microsoft.

woodchip 19:54 17 Jun 09

Thats correct buteman, then when you want to check for updates it should be there under start, click on update then choose custom to select the ones you want. Thats what I do. Select all Security updates but the rest is up to you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…