vista help

blueboy2uk 00:38 19 Feb 08

hi there my vista preium computer has a problem it seems to be caught in a loop it was uownloading a update and then said dont turn off the computer ans said "downloading update 3 of 3
0% downloaded then it restarted itself started up saying te same thing i left it for 2 hours just going round and round tried to switch off when the option to start in safe mode came up i chose that it loaded all the drivers but the black screen with the vista logo came up and the whole thing started going roun and round how do i break the cycle to do a system restore ?

thanks

crosstrainer 07:25 19 Feb 08

BIOS (Usually by pressimg the DEL jey on bootup)

Set first boot device to DVD / CDROM

Insert your Windows DVD / CD

Boot machine, and re-install

Depending on what you want to do, choosing repair Vista will leave your programmes and data intact, but may not fix the issue. Try it forat before resorting to a complete install which will wipe out everything

mooly 07:52 19 Feb 08

Not KB943899 by any chance. What P.C. is it ? Did it get stuck in "Configuring Updates" ?

zarobian 07:55 19 Feb 08

Start in safe mode.Choose safe mode only to avoid loading of drivers. Go to system restore and select a point when the computer was working normally.

blueboy2uk 09:44 19 Feb 08

got stuck configuring updates.cannot start in safe mode the vista disc is an upgrade but i did a clean install computer has a msi bother board , duo core amd 3800 2 gig memory

blueboy2uk 09:44 19 Feb 08

and cannot do system restore

Mufassa 09:53 19 Feb 08

I had the same problem with 46 updates :P

So, what I done to get around it, was boot to safe mode, then un-install all your programs so vist is the only program on this drive/partition.

Go to windows update, and they should install.

I kept getting so many error messages when updating, so rather than re-install vista, I simply deleted all my progs and it worked a treat. Try it first. It's easier doing this than re-installing Vista.

Mufassa 09:55 19 Feb 08

(sorry) just re-read your post and saw you cannot boot to safe mode. You will have to re-install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…