vista help

blueboy2uk 12:29 30 Jul 07

my hard drive packed up on friday ,i have fitted a new one so now i need to reinstall vista, my version is an upgrade so i would have reinstalled xp then upgraded but someone told me that if i install vista from the disc i have and i dont try to activate it but install vista again over the top of it and then avtivate on the telephone telling them that i needed a new hard drive i can get away without having to mess around with xp does anybody know about this?

Fingees 13:57 30 Jul 07

I'm not sure about Vista as I installed a full version.

However previous operating systems, I have started to install, and it has said can't detect copy op previous operating system.

If I then put the Disk of the previous os, into the drive, it always seemed satisfied. and then continued.

It's worth a try.

anskyber 14:56 30 Jul 07

Here is how to do the double install. click here I think you may still need to get MS to accept the changes by ringing them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…