Vista had a stroke

ade3k 20:06 18 Feb 08

Hey there, new guy here.
Right I've had my Packard Bell laptop with vista installed on it now for a while, in the last month however it had a bit of a stroke, I turned it on one day and the display didn't work how it should.
- I can no longer unlock the taskbar anymore and the small windows that normally pop up when you highlight over a program no longer pop up.
- The Start menu no longer comes up with the list of recently used programs anymore
- My recycle bin doesn't show anything I've deleted anymore and the only way to delete things is to right click and click empty bin.

I think the most annoying thing now is that I cannot create new folders anymore, I'm note sure why, infact if I right click and go to new, nothing comes up at all.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any similar problems, or might know if it can be fixed at all

Thanks

Technotiger 20:13 18 Feb 08

Have you tried system restore - or whatever it is called in Vista, back to when all was ok?

ade3k 20:18 18 Feb 08

I'll try it, I just need to back up my hardrive first so I don't lose all my crap. Its a lot of crap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…