Vista - Graphics card/monitor advice

EmptyJay 21:10 27 Mar 07

My pc's about had it, so i'm going to splash out and get a new one with vista. As the graphics are supposed to be so wonderful does anyone have any advice as to what quality of graphics card/monitor i should get to make the most of it? Thanks!

Kate B 21:16 27 Mar 07

You should definitely get a DX10 card. At the moment there's only the Nvidia 8800 series but sit tight for a few weeks and ATI will have its first DX10 offering out, which will if nothing else drive down the price of the Nvidia cards.

EmptyJay 21:19 27 Mar 07

Thanks Kate. Hopefully that'll happen!

ventanas 21:40 27 Mar 07

As for the monitor, I would go for widescreen as this copes with the Vista sidebar better. They may cost a bit more, but mine is great

anskyber 21:45 27 Mar 07

I agree with all the above. If you are not a gamer then maybe Kate might think the cost of a DX10 is a little high (?) certainly it will be more future proof if you can afford it.

Similarly with the widescreen, Vista is better with widescreen partly for the reasons given by ventanas. I run a dual screen set up so I shift the sidebar to screen 2.

EmptyJay 21:49 27 Mar 07

Thanks ventanas & anskyber. I'm not really a gamer, but would be prepared to go the extra mile for something that makes the whole Vista experience worthwhile!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now