Vista gone bang.

Baskerville 19:57 18 Oct 08

Hi All,

Same thing as this thread,

click here

I follow the steps but I cannot get into Windows, I was not downloding updates, my son was watching a DVD and the curser locked up so I just pressed the start button to reset the comp.

What the heck has gone wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Vist home premium is the op system,

Baskerville.

Baskerville 22:02 18 Oct 08

bump

Woolwell 22:27 18 Oct 08

Possible hardware failure. What happens when you start the PC? Any indications at all?

woodchip 23:08 18 Oct 08

Why not do a Restore back to old date

Baskerville 12:49 19 Oct 08

Only once did the pc boot into safe mode, first thing I did was to try a restore but it came back with 'no restore dates available' I thought restore dates were saved by the comp automatically.

I thought that was strange.

Another thing, when windows tries to load and asks for a password it comes back with 'password not acceptable'and then locks up, I have never seen anything like this before.

the first hint of trouble was a black screen with a 'Kernal has been damaged' and then to put in recovery disc in and follow instructions, as I have done but with no joy as yet,

Thanks,

Baskerville.

woodchip 18:38 19 Oct 08

If you choose install or setup. It will look for a Operating System on the drive, it will then show what it finds if you give it time, it will ask if you want to repair, choose yes by clicking on the Operating System that it finds then press R. It should not need a Password for this, if it still asks just try pressing Enter key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…